UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO GAIN CANADIAN WORK EXPERIENCE IN YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE
Newcomer professionals of all backgrounds are invited to apply.
Are you a plumber, doctor, nurse, engineer, therapist, scientist, bureaucrat, technician, teacher, manager, programmer, analyst, farmer, builder, designer, statistician or other professional newcomer looking for work?
CDW+ offers a unique 6-week opportunity (with the possibility of 3 to 6 month extension) for you to gain valuable Canadian work experience by re-applying your specialist skills in a creative situation. E.g. If you are an engineer you will work on an unusual project using your engineering skills and knowledge. More information will be provided in the interview process.
- Training in your area of expertise or interest
- Minimum 4+ years experience in your sector
- Newcomer to Canada (within 7 years of arrival) registered with CultureLink
- Interest in expanding what you know and opening up new job possibilities
- Willingness to learn, explore, be creative and work in a team
- Available 12 to 15 hours a week (day/evening/weekend) with up to 4 hours working from home or remote
- Access to a car and ability to drive is not required but might be useful
You will work in a cross-functional team. Training will be provided.
We are open to all specializations, but are particularly interested in building a team that includes some of the following: an engineer, a health professional, a trades person (plumber, mechanic, electrician, carpenter), an educator, a mathematician, a business professional, an agricultural professional (farmer) and/or a scientist.
PAY: $15 / HOUR TO START.
PROJECT START DATE: OCT 31, 2016
Apply with your resume and an email telling us a bit about yourself and your work experience.
APPLY BY SEPT 30, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERVIEWS OCT 21 & 22